How to Prepare a Roof for Self-Adhesive Roof Felt Strips
Preparing a roof for self-adhesive roof felt strips is an important step in ensuring a successful installation. Proper preparation will ensure that the felt strips adhere securely and last for many years. Here are the steps to take to prepare a roof for self-adhesive roof felt strips:
1. Clean the roof surface. Remove any dirt, debris, and other contaminants from the roof surface. This can be done with a pressure washer or a stiff brush.
2. Repair any damage. Inspect the roof for any damage such as cracks, holes, or other imperfections. Repair any damage with a roofing patch or sealant.
3. Apply primer. Apply a primer to the roof surface to ensure that the felt strips adhere properly.
4. Measure and cut the felt strips. Measure the area to be covered and cut the felt strips to the appropriate size.
5. Peel off the backing. Peel off the backing from the felt strips and apply them to the roof surface.
6. Secure the felt strips. Secure the felt strips with nails or screws to ensure that they stay in place.
Following these steps will help ensure that the self-adhesive roof felt strips are properly installed and will last for many years.